Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Marche.

"Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive; look, experience, examine, and for once... just once, understand."
- Anonymous

I guess I just decided to start this thing so that people will know that although I've been swallowed like Jonah by this monstrous thing called college, I'm still alive. I find myself perpetually bored, no matter what I'm doing. I could be doing homework, eating, watching House on my laptop, in class, hanging out with friends, playing a stupid bored game... It doesn't matter what it is, as long as I'm sitting here in the belly of this campus I'm bored. Restless. Even when I find the time to take the shuttle downtown, I can't help but feel "Wow. Is this it?" Maybe it's the familiarity that's getting to me. Spending the last 16, almost 17, years in the same city can take quite the toll on you; especially when you know you're destined to live here for at least four more years. In the past three weeks, I've spent over 1k just buying things. I think I'm trying to solve my boredom by shopping. It's horrible. I honestly don't know what to do about it except maybe freeze my debit card in a ziplock bag full of water so I can't use it.

Anyway, I bought some fish this weekend. Their names are Hendrix and Lennon. Lately I've found myself sitting back in my large, hot pink desk chair to watch them swim around in their tank. And I feel at peace. It gives me a chance to just think. I'm not used to having noise and people around 24/7. I hate how I don't have any quiet time to meditate and relax. We'll need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment